Cleaning your dentures
Just like your natural teeth, dentures can attract plaque, stains and food particles that can cause irritation and bad breath. Maintaining your oral health and cleaning your dentures daily will help keep your mouth clean.
- Handle your dentures with care
- If you have a partial denture be very careful not to bend the clasps
- Remove dentures before cleaning your mouth and brushing your teeth
- Brush your dentures with a soft or super soft toothbrush morning and night
- Use soap and cold water or toothpaste then rinse well
- Always clean your mouth thoroughly after removing your dentures
- Rest your gums nightly by leaving your dentures out
- Clean your dentures and leave them in cold water and ¼ denture tablet over night
- Brush your gums/teeth/tongue thoroughly with a soft or super soft toothbrush
- Soaking your dentures can be useful to remove stains
- Soak your acrylic complete dentures once a week in water and white vinegar (half and half) or a denture tablet for 3-4 hours
- Do not soak partial metal dentures in water and vinegar – it may corrode the metal.
- Do not use hot or boiling water to clean your dentures
- Avoid whitening toothpastes, products containing bleach and abrasive cleaning products
- Clean and rinse your dentures before and after soaking
Need a friendly, honest and experienced denture care in carina? Contact dentist in carina to book an appointment to avail an offer.
If you would like to book in to have a discussion with our dentist, please contact us to schedule an appointment on (07) 33982255 or fill out your details to contact us.