A dental inlay or an Onlay is made from porcelain into a single solid piece of material to protect a tooth. It is designed to fit the specific size of the cavity which is then cemented into place.
Inlays and Onlays are more support than a basic filling.
Inlays and Onlays are designed for use in the back teeth. If the tooth has experienced too much damage to support a composite filling. An Onlay or Inlay is a stronger alternative.
Inlays and Onlays can be made from gold, ceramic or Porcelain.
A restoration which has been constructed then cemented into the prepared cavity of the tooth.
Benefits of Dental Inlays
- Inlays can be made to match the colour of your tooth, providing a natural look
- Inlays strengthen your teeth
- Inlays often last longer than a larger tooth filling
- Inlays preserve your tooth for a longer period of time
An inlay that covers one or more cusp and adjoining occlusal surface of the tooth.
Benefits of Dental Onlays
- Onlays cover an extensive area of your tooth
- Onlays can sometimes be a better option than a full dental crown and are cost effective
- Onlays can be made to match your tooth colour.
- Onlays are made of strong materials and can last for a long time
Need a friendly, honest and experienced inlay/onlay in carina? Contact dentist in carina to book an appointment to avail an offer.
If you would like to book in to have a discussion with our dentist, please contact us to schedule an appointment on (07) 33982255 or fill out your details to contact us.