What is bleeding gums?
Bleeding gums and mouth is a sign of poor dental and oral hygiene.
Why do we get bleeding?
Bleeding can be caused by brushing your gums and teeth too hard, flossing or other issues such as ill fitting dentures, sores, biting of the cheek or tongue, trauma, gingivitis, Periodontitis (gum disease) and oral cancer.
How can you treat bleeding gums
- maintain good oral hygiene by brushing twice per day using a soft toothbrush
- flossing twice per day
- Seeing the dentist for your regular 6 monthly check ups
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water
- Increase your intake of Vitamin C – this strengthens your immune system and helps fight gum infections
- Speak to our dentist about getting a dental clean to remove the build up of plaque and Tatar
If you would like to book in to have a discussion with our dentist, please contact us to schedule an appointment on (07) 33982255 or fill out your details to contact us.